Regardless of their political orientations and/or beliefs, almost everyone recognizes that there is a significant dysfunction that makes the system inefficient and inefficient, and often inadequate, to serve the good. common and/or needs. Perhaps now, more than any other time, from recent memory, it has become obvious and pronounced because we have seen many incidents in which it seems that politicians tend to place politics, their personal agenda and/or their own interest in needs, the objectives and priorities of their constituents and the common good! In this sense, this article will try to discuss and discuss briefly. 6 ways to potentially change our political system and our politicians. more just and better
1. Criminalize politicians if they do not do what is necessary: In the meantime, we elect representatives who focus primarily on the needs, objectives, priorities, and well-being of the people they serve and represent. we are often witnesses, every contrary behavior! Unfortunately, we often see that the people who appear are more interested in their interests than in the common good. For example, it was assumed that the US had a current budget in October of last year, but due to Congress malfunction, we were only witnessing many temporary measures. Is it a way of governing a government, or politicians should not be responsible, fail, do what it should? After all, we officially closed our government because they did not do their job! What would happen if there was an offshoot for them if they did not serve as they should if they had not received payments during closing, and many of their benefits, such as travel, to congressional representatives, senators and presidents? temporarily deleted? If they suffered, if their actions caused others, we could see less dysfunction!
2. Compulsory ethics: should there not be a strict and ethical code that elected officials must respect, including the elimination of conflicts of interest and other forms of personal conduct? Talking about it or reacting retroactively does not make it ethical, but the punishment and the real consequences could!
3. Avoiding gerrymandering: politicians seem to try it, making it as easy as possible for them, keeping their positions, etc. This reinforcement often prevents them from turning their attention to the interests of others. Public. The Gerrymandering discourages the genuine and representative government because it manages to keep certain politicians, to control, even if it is, against the best interest of the public and the common good!
4. Making the legislation purer: recently, during the so-called legislative battles, especially in terms of medical assistance and tax reform, we have seen many independent additions to political support. Would not it be better for politicians to vote on certain topics, such as the DACA, etc., without subordinating them to other topics? How can we call it representative democracy, while polls show that around 80% of public support, so-called dreamers, is in sight, but politicians can not yet approve appropriate and appropriate legislation?
5. Pensions for legislation and medical assistance: if the legislator had the same needs and priorities, would not be more emphasis on what is in the common interest? If you have concerns about issues like retirement and medical care (including costs), do not you think this can be treated as a higher priority?
We need better legislators and more worries! Wake up, USA, ask politicians, servants and represent them, and the common good!